[Mailman-Users] mailman 2.1.2 not sending mail

Michael W. Cocke cocke at catherders.com
Mon Sep 15 14:40:10 CEST 2003

On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 16:38:01 -0700, you wrote:

>On 9/12/2003 9:57, "Michael W. Cocke" <cocke at catherders.com> wrote:
>> Yes, it is.  At this point I've only got one subscriber to a test list
>> - me.  I have no good way to tell if it will send to a different
>> domain...
>Get yourself a free email account (on Yahoo or wherever) and subscribe it to
>your test list.  (When the spam to the account becomes unbearable, abandon
>   --John

I sent this a day or so ago, but I haven't seen it come back - looks
like it didn't go for some reason, so I'll repost;

I knew it had to be something stupid...

I had my firewall (which also runs on the same system as mailman,
sendmail, etc.  cranked down so tight it was blocking the smtp server
on  Once I opened that up again, messages work.   I think
mailman should have logged something when it couldn't contact the smtp
server, but that's a nit.

Mornings:  Evolution in action.  Only the grumpy will survive.

Please note - Due to the intense volume of spam, we have
installed site-wide spam filters at catherders.com.  If
email from you bounces, try non-HTML, non-encoded,