[Mailman-Users] how I install

Terry Cowan hemi at itexas.net
Sun Sep 14 17:05:41 CEST 2003

At 08:42 AM 9/14/03 -0500, you wrote:
>I just checked the mailman package when I put Mandrake Linux on my
>system.  You can, on a mandrake box, just do:
>Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495
>Austin Network Design

I see you are a fellow Texan. I used to own the Graham Dorian Auction
Company (computer liquidations) in Dallas. It's nice to see a fellow Texan

I currently have a bunch of groups on Yahoo that I hope to convert to
Mailman and like Arvinda, I don't have a clue where to begin. I also
understand that I will need an external archiver to handle the archving I
want to do.

I want my archived messages first by major topics? for example -- there
will be a biker group. I would want the archive of all the messages broken
down first my topics similar to the ones below.  In other words -- if you
click on Chassis Design-- every single post from day one on the topic of
Chassis design will fall here -- and then can be sorted by subject line,
date. or author.

Such as:

Chassis design

Chassis fabrication

Engine building

Hot Biker Chicks

All of my lists are how-to related and no one wants to dig back through
100,000 posts by the date looking for subjects. I realize you can do a
search for a particular subject -- but it would be a lot cleaner if we
could do it this way.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a way to do the archiving?

I would also like for the archives to look more like an online forum --
something like this:

How difficult is it to get mailman into a form like vbulletin? Or am I just
asking for too much?

And BTW, are there any antique car or antique aircraft guys out there who
would want to help set up related groups?

Terry Cowan