[Mailman-Users] mailman 2.1.1 not taking actions (subscribe)

Todd A. Green tag at cs.utah.edu
Wed Sep 17 03:03:09 CEST 2003

I've narrowed this down (hopefully) a bit.  It only seems to happen when you
do the confirmation request through a browser (tested both IE under XP and
Mozilla under Linux).

Replying to the email confirmation via email worked every time.  (Probably
did 50 or so tests.)  Handling the confirmation through the web interface
failed probably 80% of the time.

Our web server is not running on the same machine as our MTA/mailman, but
both mount the same NFS share for the mailman files.  The webserver is
running as the user mailman.  Since it works some of the time, it would seem
like there is a race condition.  I noticed that the faster I handled the
confirmation the more it was apt to fail.

I take it that the the email confirmation and web interface are not calling
the same exact code to do the confirmation?

Thanks,
Todd