[Mailman-Users] virtual domains

john walsh john_coach at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 17 18:57:18 CEST 2003

Hi,

My system is: RedHat 9.0, with mailman installed in its RedHat default
state and fully working, using sendmail - all as standard as I can
keep it.

I have added virtual domains within this default setup - all OK and
working (took a bit of work).

Now I am trying the 'seperate mailman installation per virtual domain'
path - because I may want to have same named lists (eg. all@*) on
different virtual domains.

Started by downloading mailman-2.1.2 and config/install... all for
one of my virtual domains - with the original mailman still running.

Kept it all seperate, quite happy with that...

Result :-

the web interface is working on the virtual domain, I can see lists I
create, complete the subscribe form and receive the subscription email.

BUT - when I reply to the subscription email, it gets through virtusertable,
aliases, gets to mailman, but ends up with an error:

"|/usr/local/mailman/mm_tvtfloorball/mail/mailman request test2"
    (reason: 1)
    (expanded from: <test2-request at tvtfloorball.co.uk>)

mailcmd script, list not found: test2
554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 1

So anyone have any hints for what I can look at / check ? Any other
tests ?

I added a link into /etc/smrsh.

NB. there was already a link 'mailman' for the first mailman, so I
can't add another of the same name, so the link for the virtual
domain is something else - if this effects anything then how can you
have multiple links of the same name, one for each virtual domain ???

Thanks,
John.