[Mailman-Users] Digging deeper into Python

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Sat Sep 20 03:51:52 CEST 2003

Todd  wrote:
>Paul H Byerly wrote:
> >      Then go to listinfo.py, back it up, and pico -w.  Search for the two
> > entries of colspan=2 and changed to colspan=3.  Then search for
> > GetScriptURL and add the middle line in what is below:
> >
> >                 [Link(mlist.GetScriptURL('listinfo'),
> >                 Bold(mlist.real_name)),
> >                 Link(mlist.GetScriptTwoURL('private'),
> >                 Bold(mlist.real_name)),
> >                  mlist.description or Italic(_('[no description
> > available]'))])
>
>Maybe I'm missing something, but won't this fail for public archives?

      Yes, I realized that earlier today while mussing over it.  I
currently have no public archives, which is why I'd not though of it
sooner.  I was going to change anyway since I'd rather not add a new
function if I can avoid it - staying with stock files is better.

>It seems like it would be better to use GetBaseArchiveURL() to get the lists
>archive url.

     I've made the change, and it does add the needed trailing slash.  Thanks.

>Correct me if I'm missing something about what you're trying to do
>which requires you to create the archive url with another method instead of
>using the existing GetBaseArchiveURL().

      I'm still learning, and I did not realize I was recreating the wheel.

<>< Paul