[Mailman-Users] Error: cPickle.UnpicklingError: invalid load key, '!'.

Jason M. Kusar jkusar at pixelvizions.com
Sat Sep 20 19:35:33 CEST 2003

I've been getting a strange error message lately.  It first started with the gate_news cron job.  Then I tried to get to the admin webpage, but the error message showed up there too, but with a different traceback, obviously.  Lastly, I tried to run check_db, but got the message below.  It's basically the same as the other ones.  When I tried to pull the list members out of the list so I could recreate it, that failed too.

I don't know what caused this, but I'm hoping at the very least there is a way to extract the email addresses as I don't have a recent backup. (I know, my stupid fault on that one.)

Thanks,
--Jason

--Begin Error Message--

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../../bin/check_db", line 153, in ?
    main()
  File "../../bin/check_db", line 121, in main
    mlist = MailList(listname, lock=0)
  File "/usr/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 124, in __init__
    self.Load()
  File "/usr/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 583, in Load
    dict, e = self.__load(file)
  File "/usr/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 556, in __load
    dict = loadfunc(fp)
cPickle.UnpicklingError: invalid load key, '!'.