[Mailman-Users] maintaining archives after a domain/server change

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Sep 24 06:01:33 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 19:41, Rae wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I couldn't find any instructions regarding this particular problem. I am
> hoping that someone here will know how to do this.
>
> We are moving lists from one domain server to another domain server -- the
> change is changing the address of the lists. The old lists are version
> 2.0.3 and the new lists are version 2.1.2. How can we maintain the archives
> for the lists from the old domain server to the new server?
>
> TIA.
>
> Best wishes,
> Rae

This is should be easy. The archives are stored in an mbox file  on the
old server (~mailman/archives/private/<listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox)
and in the same place on the new server.

Copy over the mbox file to the new list - even if it has a new name -
and then run the ~mailman/bin/arch command to generate the html archive
files for the list.

Good Luck!

Jon Carnes