[Mailman-Users] Showing list of user's subscriptions

Rob LeVine rolevine at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 24 20:10:28 CEST 2003

Hi,
Here's my deal:  I run a social site that has the need for very low security mailing lists.  I am currently using MailMan 2.1.2 and I've read, yet not implemented, FAQ 1.5 that discusses turing off the password requirement.  Assuming I can successully complete that, what are the chances that when a user site logs in to my site (not into Mailman), meaning I know what his email address is I can show him what lists he's subscribed to without having him having to go to the MailMan user options page?

Example: User logs into my site and with his email address I fetch a list of subscribed mailing lists and show that list to the user.

Second. related question, if I can't successfully implement removing the passwords (my web hoster is somewhat inflexible), what if Iset all of my user's passwords to be the same thing and then try to get the list of subscribed lists?

Make sense?  Possible?

Thanks,
Rob