[Mailman-Users] mysterious behaviour

Duke list_usr at spacebox.net
Mon Sep 29 20:37:17 CEST 2003

I'm running a list where all new users receive a digest by default (I
actually submitted a bug about this because they're not set to digest by
default when mass subscribing, but that's not really what this is
about.)  I have the crontab (edited with crontab -e mailman) set to send
the digests at 11pm (23:00) every day.

However, on this particular list, digests are not being made, and the
messages are being sent out to the users as they come in.  I went over
every user and manually set their digest option (135 users, someone
please fix that bug! ;)  I also have "digestable" set to "yes".  I'm
running 2 other lists that aren't having this problem.  I looked in the
list directory, and there isn't even a digest.mbox being created.

Also, what's this attachment scrubbing all about?  All the attachments
coming through are being scrubbed, but I don't want attachments to be
touched at all.  I set "filter_content" to "no", but attachments are
still being scrubbed.

Relating to attachments and html, is there a way I can allow attachments
to come through, but have html tags stripped?  I see some messages
coming through saying "an html attachment was scrubbed..."  The message
is intact w/out html tags, so what's going on there?  Is part of the
html stripping process to scrub the attachments, or is the html
attachment being scrubbed because all attachments are being scrubbed?

Also, is it possible to permit only one user to send attachments (or
would this have undesirable effects, such as with html emails?)

Basically what I'd like is digests sent at 23:00hrs, html stripped,
attachments not scrubbed.

I'm using Mailman 2.1.1 (installed by hand), Postfix 2.0.11, Linux
kernel 2.4.22, Gentoo Linux distribution, Apache 2.0.47.

Thank you in advance!

    -- Matt.

(btw, re: new release 2.1.3, there's no info in the UPGRADING file about
going from 2.1.x to 2.1.y.)