[Mailman-Users] Mailman bounces to porky.devel.redhat.com

John Shane jslists at mtwafrica.org
Tue Sep 30 18:23:35 CEST 2003

Well, you could probably already see this coming but I thought I'd write
anyway to say I found the message, followed your directions and voila,
the little pig ran home.

Many thanks,  John

On 27 Sep 2003 at 8:57, Jon Carnes wrote:

On Sat, 2003-09-27 at 03:25, John Shane wrote:
> Can anyone help me with this problem?  I've discovered that some
> messages from my mailman installation went out with the following
> return path which is definitely not my system address:

> It has not done this consistently.  Then I discovered when trying to
> check the list archives that it was checking porky.devel.redhat.com.
>  Any idea what is happening or tips how to troubleshoot this?  TIA.
>
> John

Let's see - I'm putting on my Mind-Reading Helmet and looking deep...
deep... deeper... Ah!  You are running Mailman version 2.1.1.

And let's see... Your Operating systems... Hmmmm, I'm getting a color,
it's orange... NO *red*... Red Hat! You're running on Red Hat 9! Whew.

Oh. Well now that we've divined that information, you might be
interested in reading the following post from the archives:
http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-
users at python.org/msg18611.html

Additionally (I predict!), you will become well acquainted with the
use of the ~mailman/bin/withlist utility.

I can say no more!  The use of my Mind-Reading abilities has drained
me completely...

Jon "the psychic mailman" Carnes