[Mailman-Users] Re: I'm BEGGING for help here
Paul H Byerly
paul at thcwd.com
Thu Apr 8 02:54:55 CEST 2004
texas critter wrote:
>When you posted about this the other day, I did some brief tests with 2.1.3
>and I got the same wrong results as you did. So I guess it's a bug, and
>it's in both versions.
Thanks TC, this is the first time anyone has confirmed this (I owe
you some catnip now). I had the same problem in 2.1.2. It looks to me
like the filtering system is close to useless, as it does not do what it
says it does, and can not be made to do what it should be able to do.
If a few others would confirm this I'll submit a bug report. Set up
a test list and send the same html e-mail twice - once with filtering off,
once with it on and the two fields empty and conversion off. The first
test goes through with html intact, the second does not.
I've also tried adding everything to the second field - still strips
the html. As far as I can tell turning on filtering kills html formatting
no matter how you configure it past that. And this is only the beginning
of the problems I have with the content filtering.
More information about the Mailman-Users