[Mailman-Users] VERP problem

fmouse-mailman at fmp.com fmouse-mailman at fmp.com
Wed Apr 14 18:19:15 CEST 2004

I admin nearly identical installations of mailman on two different servers.
On both, I have the following set in mm_cfg.py:

VERP_PASSWORD_REMINDERS = Yes
VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES = Yes
VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = 1

On one system, running qmail as the MTA, VERP works as expected.  On the
other, running courier as the MTA (although qmail is installed as well), I
can't get mailman to use VERP at all.  Is it possible that the misbehaving
install won't do VERP because it doesn't recognize the SMTP daemon as being
VERP capable (which it is)?  Is there some other config variable I need to
set or something I need to do in the build to make VERP work as expected?

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works    |     PGP public key
FMP Computer Services |       if you let it" |      available at