[Mailman-Users] Part one -- broken lists

Mark Rauterkus Mark at Rauterkus.com
Thu Apr 15 06:17:01 CEST 2004

Hi All,

FreeBSD, Mailman 2.0.10, Virtual Server, hosted at Bluehill.Com.

Mailman broke. ???

I've been running Mailman for a couple of years. But there has been some
weirness in the past week. First, after a lot of spam and very idle lists,
the usr/local/mailman/logs/errors grew like a weed.

Some lists had up to 300 spam messages waiting for moderator approval. Ouch.

So I did a lot of clean-up -- but something broke.

Web pages work. But, mail sent to server arrives and then nothing else
happens. All the files in the /logs do not move.
    Nothing with vette, smpt, subscribes, etc.

I've got a back-up of my archives and my main subscriber files.

So, I'm looking for trouble-shooting insights -- or else I might just NUKE
the Mailman and then do the Virtual Server Install off the ISP's command:
    vinstall mailman

But, it seems as if the vinstall mailman keeps Mailman at version 2.0.10.

Sorry so vauge.

Ta.

Mark Rauterkus            http://Play.CLOH.Org
xCoach at Rauterkus.com      http://CLOH.Org           http://Rauterkus.com