[Mailman-Users] postfix+mailman, part 2

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Apr 15 14:35:25 CEST 2004

I found part of my problem.  In /etc/postfix/main.cf was

virtual_alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual,
       hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/aliases,
       hash:/var/lib/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

The "aliases" line equates "test-subscribe" with "|...test subscribe"
and generated the pecular userid in the "user unknown" message.

Removing the aliases reference and leaving "virtual-mailman" gives:

  <test-subscribe at mail.primary.com>: unknown user:
    "test-subscribe"

which is much more reasonable.  However my subscribe message still
hasn't gotten to mailman.

What am I missing??

Thanks.

David