[Mailman-Users] mailman, postfix and number of emails ???

Yogesh Subhash Talekar yogesh at unipune.ernet.in
Mon Apr 19 16:59:44 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am using postfix + mailman to hold my internal mailing lists. The
hierarchy is like this:

Internet <-> Postfix/Mailman Server <-> Mainframe <-> IntraNet

All users have accounts on Mainframe. I have added few lists on the
postfix/mailman. All lists have addresses like this: xxx at mydomain.com

Now from my mainframe when I send a mail to such a list, it gets expanded
on mailman and then mailman injects them one by one to postfix.

Now, I have few lists with more 7000 to 10000 users. I cannot put them on
Mainframe because it overloads it and degrades the performance. Also I
don't want so many mails to come from postfix as it chokes my Mainframe
affecting other in/out going mails. I want mailman to send one mail per 20
users and I also want mailman so send this one mail at a rate of say one
mail per second. I mean a somewhat delayed output is okey with me.

Is thete any *smart* solution in between???

Thanks in advance.

--yogesh