[Mailman-Users] List is posting only to itself (debian, exim, mailman 2.1.4)

David Ljung Madison python.org at daveola.com
Tue Apr 20 17:53:32 CEST 2004

I think the problem is due to how I route mail.

So, let's say I have a list at foo at bar.com

I mail foo at bar.com which has two members, you and I.

When my mailing list mails both of us, it mails it with:

  To: foo at bar.com

Problem is, this comes back to my mail server which thinks
it's a posting to the mailing list and sends it to the wrapper,
so I never see it.

I just changed my mail filter so that it sends on the normal
mailing addresses *except* for mail from list-bounces.
I suppose I could also change it to watch for any of the
mailing list headers..

Seems a bit kludgy, does anyone have a better solution?  And
how do other mail filters handle this?

Dave