[Mailman-Users] exporting real name list

Todd Freedom_Lover at pobox.com
Sun Apr 25 22:57:33 CEST 2004

Paul Phillips wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Apr 2004, Todd wrote:
>> $ list_members -h | grep -i names
>>     --fullnames / -f
>>         Include the full names in the output.
> Heh, yes, that's exactly what I had expected to find.  I made the
> classic rookie error of expecting the man page to be up to date.

Ahh, yep, I know that trick well.

> The version installed on my system includes only these options in
> man list_member:
> Thanks for the reminder that documentation usually trails embedded
> help by some substantial delta.

The man page installed is added by the Debian packager and isn't part
of the standard Mailman distribution.  Perhaps you could let the
Debian Mailman packager know so they can update the manpage making it
more accurate and less apt to catch someone else.  You'll get karma
points for it I imagine.

- --
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge
to rule.
    -- H. L. Mencken

Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)