[Mailman-Users] public lists

John Fleming john at wa9als.com
Mon Aug 9 13:25:16 CEST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Randall" <johnnyz at battlenut.org>
To: <mailman-users at python.org>
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2004 12:19 AM
Subject: [Mailman-Users] public lists

> Hello all,
>
> I am having an issue with mailman with setting the lists to be public
> (list name viewable when a request for lists in my domain are asked for).
> If I set both lists to public, only one will show up. If I go to the one
> that is not showing up and toggle the "Advertise this list when people ask
> what lists are on this machine?" from yes to no, save then change it back
> to yes and save again, that list will show but the other one does not. If
> I go to the other one and toggle the setting then it will show but the
> first one will not. I have been struggling with this for days now, and I
> have not found an answer. I thought someone on this list may be able to
> enlighten me. Many thanks for any help.

I have a somewhat similar problem.  Most of the time (but not always!), when
I ask for the public lists, there aren't any.  It says "There are no
publicly-advertised list....."  However, if I login to admin interface, then
logout and ask for the public lists, they are there.  I can't see any other
pattern to it, and I've tried naive browsers on naive machines with the same
behavior.  Tnx - John