[Mailman-Users] upgrade 2.0.13 to 2.1.4, no mail goes out, no bounces come back

Hacksaw hacksaw at hacksaw.org
Mon Aug 23 06:53:00 CEST 2004

All the web stuff seems to work. I even ran /home/mailman/mail/mailman post
list and supplied it with a mail message, and it vanished into thin air
without a trace.

I have check_perms'ed, made sure the mailmanctl daemon, and all it's minions
are running, made sure the aliases are there, and that newaliases was run, put
in the new link for the smrsh wrapper file /home/mailman/mail/mailman, My mail
daemon is working on other kinds of incoming mail (like complaints from my
mail list users, cleaned out old locks, checked the logs, looked for qfiles
(there are none at all, just empty directories).

I don't know what to do with this message, in /var/log/maillog:
Aug 23 00:29:40 habitrail smrsh: uid 8: attempt to use "mailman post pf" (stat
failed)
Aug 23 00:29:40 habitrail sendmail[5550]: i7N4TeIf005549:
to="|/home/mailman/mail/mailman post pf", ctladdr=<pf at hacksaw.org> (8/0),
delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=prog, pri=30806, dsn=5.0.0,
stat=Service unavailable

I can run that program by hand as user mailman without any error messages.

Help?

I installed from source, the python version is 2.3.3, also installed from
source, I'm running sendmail, and it's a heavily updated version of RedHat 7.2.

--
Omnia plures altus Latina videt
http://www.hacksaw.org -- http://www.privatecircus.com -- KB1FVD