[Mailman-Users] Problem with https:// admin interface URL

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Aug 27 14:31:20 CEST 2004

John W. Baxter wrote on Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:14:15 -0700:

> It's not that simple.  SOME of the things you can put into mm_cfg.py apply
> only to new lists.

You mean NOT only? That's exactly what makes it so confusing, the overall
changes which apply to all lists change immediately, the others don't.
However, if I dump a list configuration it's not there either. So, where is
it? Is it in the pickle file, but not dumped?

The needed comments are the the Defaults.py file where
> everything that isn't overridden by mm_cfg.py resides.

No, there aren't any comments regarding this. Also, Default.py isn't really a
good place to put this in.

> # NEVER make site configuration changes to this file.  ALWAYS make them in
> # mm_cfg.py instead, in the designated area.  See the comments in that file
> # for details.

Adding to mm_cg.py something like
"Be aware that some of the settings will only apply to new lists. If you want
to change them for existing lists as well you need to run a withlist command,
f.i. "bin/withlist fix-url listname"  Check the FAQ at ... for details."
would be quite helpful, imho. And if it avoids more questions like mine the
better.

Besides that, I don't know how many different "fix" files to propagate
changes to existing lists are there, but wouldn't it make sense to offer a
programm "fix_all listname" and also "fix_all <all lists>"?

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany