[Mailman-Users] Mystery with user_option URL

Allan Trick atrick at prin.edu
Sun Aug 29 06:45:27 CEST 2004

Help!  I set some lists up a year ago and on most of them a note I append
appears like this (it's entered into "msg_footer" on the Non-digest Options
page):

   Changes to your subscription may be made by visiting
http://www.prin.edu/mailman/options/2014/atrick%40prin.edu.  If you are on
more than one such Principia mailing list, click "Change globally" to apply
any changes you may make to all of your subscribed lists.

I set up a new list just now and the footer appears this way on this new list:

    Changes to your subscription may be made by visiting
%(user_optionsurl)s.  If you are on more than one such Principia mailing
list, click "Change globally" to apply any changes you may make to all of
your subscribed lists.

(It doesn't translate the user_option to a URL.)

Here's the instruction copied straight from the "msg_footer" field of the
list where it IS working right:

    Changes to your subscription may be made by visiting
%(user_optionsurl)s.  If you are on more than one such Principia mailing
list, click "Change globally" to apply any changes you may make to all of
your subscribed lists.

It looks just the same on the list where it's NOT working.  What have I not
done right to get that URL to show in the messages?

Allan