[Mailman-Users] Custom header

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Tue Aug 31 06:42:19 CEST 2004

At 11:35 PM +0200 30/8/04, Brad Knowles wrote:
>At 4:29 AM +0800 2004-08-31, David Cake wrote:
>
>>  	Is there any way to add a custom mail header for a list?
>
>	You can modify the templates provided on a
>per-list/per-language basis, but beyond that you need to modify the
>source code itself.

	I guess my questions really is 'do the existing per-list
customisation options include any way of changes to the mail headers
beyond what is already accessible from the GUI?'
	And, as a followup, if it requires source code level changes,
is there a sane and sensible way of doing these on a per list basis
so my installation remains upgradable? I know python, but I'm in no
hurry to make by installation unmaintainable.
	Alternatively, has anyone else managed to tackle the same
problem by an alternative route, say procmail, or via their MTA rules
(postfix in my case, despite my other thread).

>	Had you searched the Mailman FAQ at
><http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py>, you should have found
>the entry at
><http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.037.htp>
>which addresses this general subject.

	I did. It told me mailman wasn't a CRM and I shouldn't expect
to do any customisation on an individual message basis (apart from
VERP) which I was already pretty clear on. I don't want complex per
user customisation (which the FAQ entry was pretty clear I wouldn't
get), I want simple per list customisation (which the FAQ entry left
me a bit unsure about).
	Cheers
		David