[Mailman-Users] Using python format strings

Christian Schoepplein chris at schoeppi.net
Tue Aug 31 22:23:32 CEST 2004

On Di, Aug 31, 2004 at 08:32:07 +0200, Brad Knowles wrote:
> At 5:46 PM +0200 2004-08-31, Christian Schoepplein wrote:
> > I've read the docu how to use the python format strings but especialy
> > the %(host_name)s string does not work in every template. I want to use
> > %(host_name)s in the verify.txt template, but the format string is not
> > translated into the hostname. On the other site %(host_name)s works fine
> > for example in subscribeack.txt.
> 	Hmm.  Do you have full personalization turned on?  Are you
> configured to VERP every message?

Yes, all that things are working fine. And I've also found the reason
for the missing %(host_name)s format string for the file verify.txt. In
the file

some template files get initialized with the format strings, that can be
used inside the template files. For verify.txt the %(host_name)s format
string was not set up as a property :-(.

I wonder wy all often used format strings aren't availabel for all
template files. In my opinion this would be a nice feature for the next
release or a bugfix or what ever. What can I do to make sure, that this
is changed for the next mailman release?

Protestiert bitte mit gegen die Streichung des Blindengeldes in
Niedersachsen und unterschreibt auf folgender Seite:

Die Einsparungen auf den Rücken sozial schwächerer müssen aufhören...