[Mailman-Users] sending mail to members in batches

Darryl Hamilton mailman at addict.net.nz
Wed Dec 1 23:00:33 CET 2004

Hi

I'm wondering if there is a setting in mailman to send mail out to
members of a list in batches - for example send 100, wait 30 seconds,
send to the next 100, wait 30 seconds, and so on.

The problem is we've got a list with 1000+ members, but there is a
per-hour outgoing mail limit of 600 (and we'd rather not change it).

This is a cPanel install (and from what I've heard, they distribute a
custom version of mailman), but they don't have any settings I can
change. I've seen the Exim tweaks and will be looking at implementing
them, but I'm not sure if it'll be enough.

I've had a look through all of the archives, and googled until my
fingers bled (ok, not really), and the only thing I've found was a
reference to what I think is another customised version of mailman or
something completely different (it mentioned settings that I can't find
anywhere).

Any help appreciated, and if this is in an FAQ somewhere, then I do
apologise.

Thanks in advance
Darryl