[Mailman-Users] Redirect subscription requests to announce list?

Nick Urbanik nicku at nicku.org
Sun Dec 5 10:06:32 CET 2004

Dear Folks,

Subscription requests to an existing newsletter are managed manually.
I am proposing to host this as a Mailman list on this machine.
However, the existing setup requires that users send an email to a
particular existing email address on another existing machine over
which I have no administrative control, though simple sysadmin requests
may be supported.

The existing email address is used for other purposes too.  If an
email to this address has a subject or body containing the word
"SUBSCRIBE", it should be subscribed.

Can anyone suggest any techniques to implement a smooth transition?
I'm happy to write some Perl (sorry, not Python yet!) to solve this if
anyone has any suggestions.
--
Nick Urbanik   RHCE       http://nicku.org          nicku(at)nicku.org
Proud ex-member of Dept. of Information & Communications Technology in