[Mailman-Users] Admin (un)subscribe via wget or email w/out confirms

Steven Poulakos poulakos at uiuc.edu
Sun Dec 5 21:52:11 CET 2004

I would like to manage mailing list subscriptions through my own Web
scripts.  Unfortunately, I don't have shell access to the server that
Mailman resides on.  So, I must use either "wget" statements or email
commands to administer subscriptions.

My current problem is figuring out how to allow an admin to subscribe a
user's email *without requiring the user to confirm* the subscription.
Is there any way to do this with admin email commands or web scripts?

The unsubscribe feature works using the following wget command:

That command will unsubscribe the user without a confirmation request.
Does something comparable exist for subscriptions?