[Mailman-Users] list users not getting mail

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Dec 6 23:33:20 CET 2004

Jeff Garvas wrote:

>I'm running Version 2.1.5 in a qmail environment.  I recently had to deal
>with a spam issue (another device on the same segment as me was running
>an open proxy and that machine was permitted to relay through me)
>
>Once I solved that one of my larger mailing lists started generating
>complaints of users not getting messages from the list anymore.

Have you tried looking up your own IP at (for example)
http://www.openrbl.org/ to see how many blacklists you're on?

>I ran bin/lists_members --nomail and can not find anyone who was shut
>off due to bounces.  (I'm running VERP to help clean the list properly).
>
>People subscribed to the list are simply not getting messages.  Further
>investigation shows that they're not blocking SMTP from our server.

Presumably all you know is that they don't overtly deny you or refuse
to accept your connect. That doesn't mean that they will deliver your
mail to the end user if they think you're a bad guy.