[Mailman-Users] 7th Circle of Burning, Hot, Fire Filled HELL!

Rabinowitz, Ari (Exchange) AriMR at bear.com
Thu Dec 9 15:31:07 CET 2004

Evan,

There are a few things you need to understand about postfix and its
interaction with Mailman.  The first is that postfix will not allow a
script to be run from the virtual file, only from the aliases file which
is looked at by the "local" delivery agent.  Another thing to remember
is that plain ID's on the right hand side of the virtual map get
@$myorigin appended.  In your case $myorigin=$mydomain which is
beathustler.com, so the addresses in the virtual-mailman file get mapped
back to beathustler.com, which is why they are going to the catch-all
address.  You need to add @localhost the way you did for your virtual
file.  Then you need to add the lists to your aliases file, mapping them
to the mailman scripts using the pipe (|) syntax you were wondering
about in an earlier message.

I hope this helps get you on the right track.  Don't forget to "postmap"
the virtual files and "postalias" the aliases file.

Ari Rabinowitz