[Mailman-Users] Re: Poster not receiving his own posts

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Mon Dec 13 23:35:49 CET 2004

On 12/13/2004 13:22, "Mark Sapiro" <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> Anthony Chavez wrote:
>>
>> This particular use is posting with a blank space after Cc:.
>
> As I discuss in another branch of this thread, the user is not posting
> this "Cc: ". The user's post contains either no Cc: at all or a Cc:
> containing only recipients for whom duplicates are being avoided
> because of their respective "nodupes" options. Mailman is responsible
> for this empty "Cc: " header.

Or the incoming *could* contain an empty Cc: header based on the testing I
ran.  The header was in the message to the posting address, and survived
into the messages Mailman sent out.  (Which matches your description of
Mailman's processing.)

HOWEVER, an incoming empty Cc: header is very much the least likely way to
get an empty Cc: header into messages sent out by Mailman, as I understand
now based on your explanations.

It was because I don't know how to cause any of my mail clients to produce
an empty Cc: that I produced the test messages by hand.

  --John