[Mailman-Users] No Bounce Msgs, Not All Subscribers Receiving
Easy1 at waterplanet.ws
Thu Dec 16 17:02:40 CET 2004
I made another test on the 680 mailman subscribers.
In the past days the mailman list was used to send to the subscribers:
- NO bounce notices came back - NONE
- Many subscribers did NOT receive the message from Mailman
Tonight I sent directly to the 680 subscribers (not using mailman)
- I got all sorts of bounce notices
- Many more, if not all subscribers, received the email for the first
time in a long long time.
Help is appreciated in sorting out how to get mailman to work well.
Here are more details that may help sort this out. The indications are
that the issue is within Cpanel (mailman & sending the message out)
since the same subscribers are working through Topica and receive
messages sent directly to them.
Not All Mailman Listserv Subcribers Receiving Daily Email*
- The mailman list has some 600+ subscribers
- This mailman is part of the CPanel package - This was sent to CPanel
forum - no response yet.
- This is a daily (M-F) listserv newsletter. The daily newsletter is
only sent out by the moderator.
- The list is fairly stable in size with the usual unsubscriptions and
subscriptions, a slight increase each month.
- Mailman had been running fine for months, until Aug/Sep when
subscribers started sending messages saying the daily email was not
- Subscribers NOT receiving their email seem to be consistently the same
subscribers. They are from many and varied ISPs including AOL and Earthlink.
- NOT ALL subscribers of any of the ISPs are being rejected. Many
subscribers on ALL the ISPs are receiving the daily email just fine.
- Some 250 of the subscribers are now on a Topica listserv. They ALL
receive the daily email each day. When the same message is sent to the
mailman listserv some of these 250 subscribers do NOT receive the email.
- Emails sent directly to the subscribers, from the same email address
that is used to send to the mailman listserv get through just fine,
though email sent through mailman does not get to them.
How can this issue be further isolated and resolved?
More information about the Mailman-Users