[Mailman-Users] Welcome Message Line Breaks Ignored by Mailman

Mike Ewall catalyst at actionpa.org
Sun Dec 19 00:39:21 CET 2004

Is there any solution to the problem with mailman ignoring line breaks in
welcome messages?

If I place the following in a welcome message...

My Name, List Manager
My Phone Number
My Email
My Website

...it comes out looking like this when emailed to new subscribers:

My Name, List Manager My Phone Number My Email My Website

It only seems to recognize line breaks if there are two in a row.

This is one of a long list of dysfunctional problems with mailman that has
been driving me crazy ever since I got stuck running this software for my
lists a few years ago.  It was mentioned on the listowner list a long time
ago, but was never answered (and now the list seems to be gone).

Does anyone here have an answer to this problem?

Mike