[Mailman-Users] /bin/sh: mailman: command not found

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Dec 21 19:43:15 CET 2004

thomas Armstrong wrote:

>I'm trying to configure Mailman on my Linux server with Sendmail.
>
>1) I installed it on '/usr/lib/mailman/'
>2) I created a crontab (as root):
>$ crontab /usr/lib/mailman/cron/crontab.in -u mailman
>
>I'm able to subscribe a new user, but when trying to send a new message to
>the mail list, I don't get any answer. There is also no message within the
>list archive.
>
>And I'm getting this mail within my '/var/spool/mail/root':
>To: mailman at foo.com
>Subject: Cron <mailman at www> mailman /usr/lib/mailman/cron/gate_news
                             ^^^^^^^

>/bin/sh: mailman: command not found
>
>What am I doing wrong? Thank you very much.

There is something wrong with the options you used when you ran
configure. The command "mailman" indicated above should be the command
to invoke Python and it also normally has a -S option too.

As for non-delivery, you may not have put the aliases in Sendmail or
your qrunners may not be running or ...

See the FAQ

Article 3.14 for more.