[Mailman-Users] installation clean, without internationlization?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Tue Dec 21 19:56:21 CET 2004

Brad Knowles wrote:

>At 2:52 PM -0700 2004-12-20, Dr. Jones wrote:
>
>>  Is it possible to install mailman without all the other language options,
>>  which I never plan on using?
>
>	Not that I know of.
>
>>                               can I limit the language modules installed
>>  to just English, Spanish and German?
>
>	Not that I know of.
>

>	So far as I can tell, all the various language stuff is under
>templates/ and messages/, and comprises a total of about 15008KB
>(uncompressed), while the total unpacked source distribution is about
>21824KB (uncompressed).
>
>	You might be able to get away with just deleting all the language
>subdirectories you don't need, but I wouldn't count on that.

Look at the very end of Defaults.py for the stuff that defines the
LC_DESCRIPTIONS dictionary. A way to deal with this is to copy all of
this from the comment preceding "def _(s):" through "del _" to
mm_cfg.py deleting those add_language lines you don't want (but don't
delete 'en'). Then you can also delete the corresponding language
directories from templates/ and messages/.

Disclaimer: I haven't tried this, but I think it should work.