[Mailman-Users] Reply to with list's address in CC field

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Dec 22 02:20:02 CET 2004

Dominik wrote:
>My question:
>Is it possible to have mailman put the list's address in the CC portion, on
>top of having the actual poster in the Reply-To address?
>The goal being that anyone could hit 'reply' to respond to the poster, but

If you don't do any header munging, that's the way it works now. The
poster has her/his From: or Reply-To: address that returns a simple
"reply" to her/him. The list address is in the To: (or maybe the Cc:),
so "reply all" goes to the poster and the list and any other To:
and/or Cc: addressees.

It works like that with all MUAs that I am familiar with including
Eudora. The only problem is if the OP put the list in a Bcc:, but that
usually results in the post being caught in the "implicit destination"
filter anyway.