[Mailman-Users] VERP + Postfix recipient_delimiter issue

Todd A. Jacobs nospam at codegnome.org
Sun Feb 1 05:51:05 CET 2004

Environment:
    # Postfix 2.0.11: main.cf
    recipient_delimiter = -
    owner_request_special = no

    # Mailman 2.1.2: mm_cfg.py
    VERP_FORMAT = '%(bounces)s-%(mailbox)s=%(host)s'
    VERP_PASSWORD_REMINDERS = Yes
    VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES = Yes
    VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = 1
    VERP_CONFIRM_FORMAT = '%(addr)s-%(cookie)s'
    VERP_CONFIRM_REGEXP = r'^(?P<addr>[^-]+?)-(?P<cookie>[^@]+)@.*$'
    VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = Yes

Problem:
    Lists such as foo-announce or foo-users don't VERP properly. My
    guess is that the VERP regex is not handling the embedded dashes
    properly. I'm sure I'm not the only person who uses "-" as a
    recipient delimiter; is there a good regex for use with this
    configuration?

--
Todd's "Customer Disservice Hall of Shame" currently contains:
    - Charter Communications: Mislead their customers about service