[Mailman-Users] Problems Setting Up 'Announce' Type List

Hunter Hillegas lists at lastonepicked.com
Tue Feb 3 06:32:31 CET 2004

I have setup a list that I intend to use as an 'announce' list.

I setup the list so that new users are moderated by default.

Personalization is set to 'Yes'.

A 'Sender Filter' is setup to 'Reject' from moderated useres and I have some
text in there to send when they try to post.

My first test sender is set with 'mod' enabled.

When I send a message from that account I do not get the block text sent
back... The message comes through on the account that sent it but none of
the other accounts get the message.

So, that seems wrong.

Also, when I post from an account that is not moderated I see the same
behavior. The message comes through on the account that I sent it from but
the other list members don¹t get the message... The archives show as empty.

So, somehow things ain't right.

I'm running 2.1.1

Any advice??

TIA,