[Mailman-Users] Reply to list

Mark Dadgar mark at pdc-racing.net
Thu Feb 5 07:55:55 CET 2004

On Feb 4, 2004, at 10:35 PM, Thomas Hochstein wrote:
>>       I have never understood why this poster is recommended, nor why
>> it is
>> the default.  I've been on a lot of lists, on a lot of systems, and
>> have
>> never been on one that defaults to sending a response only to the
>> author of
>> the post I am replying to.
>
> <http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html>

This is totally ridiculous.

The document you reference is a long attempt at rationalizing why we
shouldn't bother to try to make mail systems Do The Right Thing.

The tool should fit the job and not the other way around.

The next thing you're goint to tell me is that we should train computer
users to not use spaces in file names, because "it makes things hard
for the IT guys."

It's 2004.  Get over it.

- Mark, ex-IT guy, apparently grouchy tonight
-----
mark at pdc-racing.net