[Mailman-Users] mailman not working

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 11:16:20 CET 2004

On 5 Feb 2004, at 08:46, Li, LC wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> I just installed Mailman today from RedHat.

Do you mean you installed from RPM, if so the MM version is likely to
be in the RPM name.

> I think it's the latest.

Rarely, if ever, is the latest stable version of MM available as an RH
RPM, it usually seems to be on release behind. If all else fails, check
the footers on the Mailman web interface, I think most of them
stipulate the MM version being run.

> For MTA,  I use exim.

What version?

> I added the aliase generated by running newlist into /etc/aliases file
> and run newaliases after adding that.

That is what I would have done but ...

> (is the a different file to add aliases to for exim?)

I'm a sendmail user so you may need more advice from an Exim (and
possibly a RH) guru on the list.