[Mailman-Users] ~ Can't make everyone happy

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Fri Feb 6 21:18:41 CET 2004

Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
>This isn't the answer some will want to hear, but -- the defaults are
>the desired behavior for the majority of new mailman lists, based on
>the combined wisdom of the Mailman developers, and after long
>consideration and not a little enthusiastic discussion among interested
>users here on theese lists (you think this is the first time this has
>come up?)

      Actually that is the exact answer that *I* want to hear.  Thing is,
it's a moving target - what was true two years ago may be wrong now, so
history and experience are not as important as knowing what real users are
doing today.  This is the case for all aspects of the software.

      I have no complaint about the defaults, and I do not know what the
majority of users expect of want.  My only concern is the volume of e-mail
to THIS LIST from those who are clueless or lost.  The better the program
fits the expectations of users, the less we hear about it here.

<>< Paul