[Mailman-Users] Setting domain in URLs

Paul Makepeace python.org at paulm.com
Mon Feb 9 23:39:36 CET 2004

Je 2004-02-09 22:24:10 +0000, Richard Barrett skribis:
> On 9 Feb 2004, at 22:16, Paul Makepeace wrote:
>
> >I host mailing lists on several domains on the same machine. I'd prefer
> >it that when viewing a listinfo page for ml at domainA.example the URL
> >contain domainA.example rather than DEFAULT_URL_HOST
> >
> >(I had originally thought it might be settable via "Host name this list
> >prefers for email" but that seems something different.)
> >
> >Is this possible? I tried various things like %(hostname)s but they
> >didn't seem to get interpolated (my Python is newbie level).
> >
> >Sorry if this is a FAQ - I didn't see reference to it at
> >http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=index
> >

> http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.029.htp

I don't (yet) see how this bears on my question.

I "host mailing lists on several domains", those domains are different
and thus I would like the domains to appear in the URLs rather than the
single DEFAULT_URL_HOST

So let's say I have (in mm_cfg.py) DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'foo-domain.com'
and two mailing lists, foo at foo-domain.com and bar at bar-domain.com I would
domain.com rather than foo-domain.com

Quite simply, I would prefer non-domain specific URLs:
href="/mailman/..." rather than forcing the
href="http://wrong.domain/..."

(Attempting to set DEFAULT_URL_HOST = '' doesn't seem to do
anything useful.)

**

The URL given in the "Overview of all foo.com mailing lists" allows
interpolation of the current URL with a %s. Something like that would be
useful.

Cheers,
Paul

--
Paul Makepeace ................................  http://paulm.com/ecademy

"What is the capital of Norway? On tuesdays."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/