[Mailman-Users] FTP or Remote Install Question

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Feb 11 22:05:12 CET 2004

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 11:14, Seth Dietz wrote:
> Does anyone have suggestions for performing a remote install (FTP, Terminal
> Services, or TelNet) of Mailman?  Also, I'm a little confused about the
> default URL for accessing the admin page once everything is configured.  My
> environment is Front Page Server Extensions 2002 running on an Apache web
> server.  I'm not certain what the mail program is at the present time.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Seth

You should have no problems with a remote install.  If you can ssh or
vnc into the box it will be just like your sitting in front of it.

What OS are you installing on?
Most linux versions have an rpm or port that allows you to install
automagically - though installing from source is also fairly easy.

If you are installing on a Winders machine, then you'll probably have a
lot of problems, but it can be done.

Jon Carnes