[Mailman-Users] Bounce Follow-up

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Feb 17 15:56:54 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 07:34, Mike Phillips wrote:
> I do not have access to the MailMan logs on my shared server. Is there a way -- within MailMan -- to tell when messages are bouncing? Can I reduce the bounce scoring (whatever that is) so that bad subscriptions become obvious sooner rather than later?
>
> Mike

Not without some mods to Mailman or some external scripts running.

Your shared provider should either allow you to look at the logs or
write a script to push your log data out to a directory where you can
play with the numbers.  A simple grep command would probably do the job
of getting the data you need.

Dropping the bounce number is not a terribly good idea unless all your
list folk have nice corporate email accounts with no limitations (so no
bouncing due to DNS going up and down, or mail box being temporarily
full)

Jon Carnes