[Mailman-Users] mailman national support

Istvan Kollar kollar at mit.bme.hu
Fri Feb 13 11:11:20 CET 2004

Gentlemen,

I am very happy to use mailman. Especially to see that lately
the Hungarian support was introduced.
I have switched to Hungarian for the sake of some list members.

However, with this, I have two problems.

In Hungarian, we have two forms to address the other one.
The youth and the familiy members say "te" (thou) to each other,
with related forms in the sentences, while unknown people say Ön (you)
to each other. The former form is rather unpolite when addressing an
unknown,
not young person.

The Hungarian sentences are currently all in the first form. I have had
bad moments explaining
to list members why this is so... I would be happy to contribute in
formulating
each expression in the other way. We could even have two selectable
Hungarian options:
  Hungarian (Te)
  Hungarian (Ön)

Moreover, the present Hungarian sentences are partly wrong, or unfinished.
A series of corrections are necessary. Is there anybody who maintains
tese texts?

Best regards

István
István Kollár, professor of EE
 Department of Measurement and Information Systems
 Postal box address: Budapest, Hungary, H-1521, P.O.Box 91.
 Address for Fedex, DHL, UPS, EMS, etc. (no P.O.B): see office address
 Office: Budapest, XI. Magyar tudósok körútja 2. Bldg. I, wing E,
     level IV, Room E440, Hungary, H-1117 (secr.: wing E, Room E444)
 Phone: +36 1 463-1774 (also voice mail), secr. +36 1 463-2057
 Fax: +36 1 463-4112
 Email: kollar at mit.bme.hu,  URL: http://www.mit.bme.hu/~kollar/