[Mailman-Users] request index of archive via the email interface

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Feb 25 16:59:44 CET 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-24 at 14:32, todd.wilson wrote:
> I have tried Majordomo commands such as
>
> index list-name
>
> but I keep getting
> "No commands were found in this message."
>
> as a response back.
>
> I know about sending the help command to get a list of mail commands but the
> commands sent back are for managing your account via email.
>
> Are these commands not supported by Mailman?
>
>   Yes I know my users could use the WEB interface but I have users who
> insist on only using command line interface and who dial in via 9600bps.

Those commands are not supported out of the box, still the code is Open
and easy to modify.  It wouldn't take very long to add more commands to
those already understood by the email parser. Or you could simply write
scripts that are kicked off by email commands... Or you could tell your
folks that its now the *21st* century and they are welcome to use web
browsers.

Adapt and survive, or curse the ever-changing world and surrender.
Darwin didn't make up the rules, he just wrote them down.

Jon Carnes