[Mailman-Users] Exporting memberlist

Christopher Adams chris.a.adams at state.or.us
Thu Feb 26 01:21:08 CET 2004

I don't know if anyone replied to you, but below is the information that I
posted to the list awhile back. You need shell access to your server. You
can also go into the user interface and enter your email address and
password and get the whole list. Or, you can temporarily change the list so
that the subscriber list can only be viewed by the administrator. Then go
into the user interface, enter your list admin email address and password
and you will get a list of all subscribers. You probably can then figure out
a way to get it into a spreadsheet. Or, if you have shell access, you can
use the /lists/bin/list_members <listname> command and write the results to
file.

Here is the process to make your admin interface membership
management/membership list display more than the default number of
subscribers.

cd /lists/bin
  ./config_list -o list_name.txt list_name

  Edit junk.txt and add the following:
  # Increase viewable member list in Admin interface
  admin_member_chunksize = 100  (note: you can make this number whatever you
want, depending on the number of subscribers)

  ./config_list -i list_name.txt list_name
  rm list_name.txt

Christopher Adams
Library Systems Analyst
Oregon State Library