[Mailman-Users] ASCII error

Simon White simon at caperet.com
Thu Jan 1 14:38:14 CET 2004

31-Dec-03 at 11:31, Sean (sean at sweetbourbon.com) wrote :
> I'm running Mailman 2.1.3 on a FreeBSD 4.6 box.  I tried to run the
> sync_members script and got this error:
>
> # ~mailman/bin/sync_members -n -f
>   File "/usr/mailman/bin/sync_members", line 277, in main
>     s = email.Utils.formataddr((name, addr)).encode(enc, 'replace')
> UnicodeError: ASCII decoding error: ordinal not in range(128)
>
> I'm not sure that the error mesasge means or what cause it.  Any ideas?

It's usually caused by ASCII characters with the high bit set, e.g.
above 128 in decimal code - foreign accents, certain punctuation
characters, etc... is there anything like that in your file or db?

--
Simon White. Internet Consultant, Linux/Windows Server Administration.
email, dns and web servers; php javascript perl asp; MySQL MSSQL Access