[Mailman-Users] Message from Cron Daemon

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Jan 2 18:30:47 CET 2004

    Fred> Cron Daemon has started occasionally sending me the message:
    Fred>     Site list is missing: mailman

    Fred> Can someone tell me what's up with that?

Recent versions of Mailman (>= 2.1 I think) require an actual Mailman
mailing list called "mailman" for some of the regular monthly upkeep.  Just
create such a list in the usual fashion using bin/newlist and subscribe to

Older versions of Mailman used to be happy with a "mailman" alias.  For some
reason that's no longer sufficient.

Skip Montanaro
Got gigs? http://www.musi-cal.com/submit.html
Got spam? http://spambayes.sf.net/