[Mailman-Users] Strange problem with one of my lists

Jeremy Mann jeremy at biochem.uthscsa.edu
Mon Jan 5 22:42:45 CET 2004

This is a strange problem that I can't seem to figure out. This only
occurs on one of my mailing lists, the others work perfectly. The list in
question has 861 subscribers.

I sent an email to the list, but nobody received it. However, the email I
sent is shown in the List Archives. So I check my logs for further
information.

Mailman log post says:
Jan 05 14:50:40 2004 (2445) post to ultrascan from
demeler at biochem.uthscsa.edu, size=2575,
message-id=<200401052040.i05KeQU3002109 at biochem.uthscsa.edu>, success

Mailman smtp post says:
Jan 05 14:50:40 2004 (2445)
<200401052040.i05KeQU3002109 at biochem.uthscsa.edu> smtp for 860 recips,
completed in 214.625 seconds

According to these Mailman did its job, but still nothing in the
subscribers email. So I go one step further and check /var/log/maillog and
discover this:

Jan  5 14:50:40 biochem sm-mta[2757]: i05Kl5dv002757:
from=<ultrascan-bounces at ultrascan.uthscsa.edu>, size=2575, class=-30,
nrcpts=338, msgid=<200401052040.i05KeQU3002109 at biochem.uthscsa.edu>,
proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=IDENT:1048 at localhost [127.0.0.1]
Jan  5 14:50:40 biochem sm-mta[2757]: i05Kl5dv002757: discarded

So sendmail is somehow discarding all these sends. What I can't understand
is, the other 10-12 lists I have on the same machine work perfectly. This
list is the only one that is doing this.

Does anybody have some ideas?

Thanks!

--
Jeremy Mann