[Mailman-Users] Slow mail sending

David A Boothe davidboothe at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 03:38:44 CET 2004

I have mailman 2.1.3 on a RedHat 9.x, Apache, cPanel box.  Onw of my users has a mailing list set up with about 5000 subscribers.  When he sends out mail it queues up in lots that look to be about 500 - 100 addresses each.  Some of the lots will send right away while others will sit in the mail queue for several hours and even at times for several days before being delivered.  Is this typical behavior of mailman?  Could it be releated to mailiman in any way?  Is there a way to prevent this lang delay in sending out list mail?

Thanks,
DB