[Mailman-Users] Mailman unknown user

David Chandler dave at azbay.net
Thu Jan 29 23:59:59 CET 2004

I setup Mailman with Postfix 2.16 on a gentoo box.  I modified the
Postfix configuration to include the /var/mailman/data/aliases.  I can
create lists and get the e-mail to the list owner, but when I try to
send to the list I get the following bounced message:

The Postfix program

<"|/var/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"@azbay.net>: unknown user:
     "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"
Reporting-MTA: dns; aenima.azbay.net
Arrival-Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:48:46 -0700 (MST)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman post
mailman"@azbay.net
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; unknown user: "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman
post
     mailman"